10 things you can do in hunter valley this winter
Winter in Hunter Valley is a magical time of the year. This is an ideal destination for those looking to retreat from city life thanks to crisp air and clear skies.
- Go Wine Tasting: Hunter Valley is known for its world-class wine, so why not spend a day exploring the many vineyards and wineries that dot the landscape? You can sample some of the region’s finest drops and learn about the history and production process of wine-making.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: There’s no better way to see the stunning landscapes of Hunter Valley than from above. A hot air balloon ride offers breathtaking views of rolling hills, vineyards, and winding rivers – all while floating serenely through the sky.
- Visit Hunter Valley Gardens: These sprawling gardens are a must-visit attraction in Hunter Valley, especially during winter when they transform into a winter wonderland with ice-skating rinks, snowfall experiences, Christmas lights display along with many other fun activities.
- Attend Winter Festivals: Throughout winter, there are plenty of festivals taking place in Hunter Valley such as The Lovedale Long Lunch which is one of Australia’s most popular food & wine events, or The Pokolbin Pride Festival which celebrates diversity through music & arts.
- Go Horse Riding: Explore your surroundings on horseback! With trails that wind through the scenic countryside or alongside peaceful rivers; horse riding is an exciting activity that offers breathtaking views throughout your adventure.
- Indulge in Gourmet Food: Warm yourself up with hearty meals at some of Australia’s best restaurants like Muse Restaurant or Esca Bimbadgen where you will be treated to delicious dishes made from locally-sourced produce while enjoying beautiful views over vineyards.
- Relax at a Spa: With so many luxurious spas in the region, you can indulge yourself with a relaxing massage or spa treatment. Hunter Valley is known for its natural healing properties and mineral-rich hot springs.
- Visit Art Galleries: Hunter Valley is home to many art galleries that showcase the works of local artists. From contemporary pieces to traditional landscapes, there’s something for everyone to appreciate.
- Take a Walk Through Nature Reserves: Winter is an ideal time to explore the many nature reserves in Hunter Valley. The surrounding landscape is easily viewed from steep hills or leisurely walks through lush forests.
- Go shopping at Local Markets: From fresh produce to handmade crafts, there are plenty of markets throughout Hunter Valley where you can find unique souvenirs and gifts while supporting local businesses. Check out 10 things you can do in Hunter Valley this Winter if you’re planning a visit.
Some of the most popular markets in the region include the Singleton Markets, the Maitland Showground Markets, and the Hunter Valley Farmers’ Markets. Markets offer vendors selling fresh fruit, vegetables, jewelry, antiques, and more, all with their unique atmosphere. You can also find delicious food, such as wood-fired pizza, gourmet sandwiches, and locally produced beverages. You’ll find something for everyone at these markets, so check them out!
Comments are closed.